Mailing lists - User Guide
How the mailing list service works
The mailing-list service is managed by a mailing-list software: Sympa. This software comes with a web mailing list environment.
To perform actions related to mailing lists (subscribe, change your options, etc.), you have two options:
- log on to the web environment;
- send commands by email to the Sympa mailing list manager at email@example.com.
To send a command to Sympa, do as follows:
- If you send a single command, type it into the subject line of your email and leave its body blank.
If you send several commands, leave the subject line of your email blank and type all the commands in the email body. Be careful: Sympa will not process your message unless you respect the following rules:
- Write every command on a new line.
- Send your message in plain text, not in HTML (no formatting).
- Your message can not contain anything else than Sympa commands (no signature block).
A description of all the commands you can send to Sympa is available at mail_commands.
- Subscribing to mailing lists
- Logging on to the mailing list environment
- Checking your subscriptions
- Review members
- Managing your preferences
- Searching for a mailing list
- Reading the list archive online
- Sending a message
- Using the shared document web space
- Manage your subscriptions
- Unsubscribing from lists